Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Just another post on interaction encounters

I just wanted to ramble a little bit here before the clock struck 12 since today, the auspicious Christmas day marks the beginning of my virtual chatter, the third anniversary. Funny how time flies. Although I haven't customized many thoughts, I remember how I started this when I was a kid back then.

There are a lot of things I need to ooze out in the form of writing before I talk about anything here in this blog but one a-mazing experience precedes all else. It stands out amongst the clutter of interesting and not-so-interesting incidents I've had in the new life I began three months ago. I'm sure many of you out there would agree with me, it's all about meeting new people. It's SO intriguing how a short meeting with some person or people in general can -- change perceptions, set us thinking, keep ideas flowing, give new direction to solving problems, have a profound impact in our lives. These periods of interaction of any kind, is in my opinion very engaging and more often than not, symbiotic. There is so much to learn from every person we meet!

The anecdotes of meeting people in my school - academia comes later. Recently, I've been meeting immigrants who are well settled in this alien land for quite sometime. Bazillion thoughts cross my head during such encounters! They all seem happy to work for a "small" start-up, happy to meet people from their motherland occasionally, happy to learn cooking from some random mami's videos on youtube, happy to buy frozen food from the desi store, happy to discuss restaurants/ cloth stores/ lifestyle here,  happy with a couple of kids each, happy to see their kids speak a heavily accented mother-tongue or just plain accented English, happy to get them educated in a system that encourages questioning, happy to listen to them sing vara veena...

There are a few inspiring people in the lot. But being a highly principled being (or portraying myself as one), some questions kept thronging inside. Am I seeing a decade or two older self in these people? Do I have the stomach to become an alien to MY home, MY place back in the country? Will all the seemingly unpleasant things become the most acquainted ones sooner or later? Will I also "enjoy" watching the next gen growing up the way I see the kids here, now...?

Not wanting to think about these and with the satisfaction of scribbling, wishing a Merry Christmas to all!



8 comments:

  1. merry merry christmas ! and a nice one varsh ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, I'm not sure if this is the Leo coincidence again, I've been trying very hard to avoid having such thoughts as well. Feels much better to resort to escapism right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy to go through your sharing..happiness is this..to know ones own self and..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's not think about what was and how different it might be from what will be. Let's not worry about what we can't know right now. Let's just give our best, be our best and hope for the best. Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, for sharing your thoughts..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't you want to go back home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that was just a hollow thought. I want to go back as soon as I can. Period.

    ReplyDelete